Friday, January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015 - Relying on Him

Lately I find myself reflecting on my experience with Kassidy and how it changed me as a person. Receiving her diagnosis and carrying her an additional 5 months knowing her life would end was -and still is- the most difficult thing I have ever done. Did it really happen to me? I felt so desperate that summer as I did nothing but pray. I couldn't do anything else. I recall that I never asked God to save her or heal her. I just prayed for her. In tragic situations, that's all we can do. It's been two years since we lost her. I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second healthy son! Now that I have had time to grieve and to enjoy Steven (who is almost 16 months old), I continue to feel that God chose us for this path. We were meant to lose a daughter, and that's okay. I know in my heart that He has a plan. I trust in His plan! And I will see Kassidy again one day!!!

I always felt that when my daughter died, a part of me died with her. Only recently have I realized that when she was born, a part of me was born too! I am much closer to God, much more trusting and I know when my strength fails, He is there.

I pray that my delivery with Beau goes smooth, both God and Kassidy will be watching over our little family.
Kelsey Johnston's photo. Feeling achey, but otherwise great! Ultrasound in 6 days to check his size again. Then another at 38 weeks to see if I am advised for a csection...praying I can have this big boy natural!

2 comments:

  1. Hello-

    First, let me offer my condolences for your loss- I'm sorry that you had so little time with Kassidy. No mother should have to give her child away before she's gotten the chance to bring her home.

    I found your story on Pinterest, of all places, tagged under Limb Body Wall Complex.

    I lost my daughter to LBWC in December of 2010. I miss her every day.

    I was wondering if you would like to share your story on a website that my family runs-

    www.limbbodywallcomplex.net

    We share our stories there in order to help anyone researching after they have received this diagnosis. Most of the information online is awful- and leads anyone looking for info, to believe that no one continues these pregnancies.

    If you would be interested, you could email me at info (at) limbbodywallcomplex (dot) net.

    We also have a facebook group. If you look under our contact tab, you can see a page with info about that.

    Lastly, if you look at Our Stories- my story is the story called "She Brings Joy"... my daughter's name was Beatrix.

    I hope that even if you don't want to share Kassidy's story, you would be interested in joining our facebook group- we are composed of only moms who carried to term. We offer one another support for their journey, and are in the process of becoming a 501(c)3. We welcome new members- even if their baby has already been born- because we are the only ones who know what it's like to hold one of these sweet babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I am sorry I didn't respond to this comment, I never got a notification that you commented. I would love to share Kassidy's story if you are still interested. It's been well over a year since you posted this! -Kelsey

      Delete