Sunday, November 3, 2013

August 21, 2012 - Genetic Testing

First of all, Happy Birthday to Kassidy’s grandma, and my mother-in-law: Darleen! :)
I had a doctor’s appointment on Friday, August 17th. It was…stressful. We had another ultrasound and saw that Kassidy has long legs and big feet – just like Stevie! We got quite a few ultrasound pictures, which I will post later this week when I can get to a scanner. This time, the technician began to do a 3D/4D ultrasound. I didn’t know how I felt about that- on one hand, I was scared to see what Kassidy really looks like, but on the other hand, maybe it would prepared me for when I do meet her and even bring me closer to her now. I will post those pictures too. The technician was having trouble getting a good view of her heart. Most babies that have omphaloceles also have heart defects, so they are worried Kassidy has a heart defect as well. I was devastated to hear this. A possible 3rd abnormality? We pray no. My next appointment may bring a definite answer on this (Sept 4th).
Guess what else we did that day? GENETIC TESTING. Yes, we decided to do it. Stevie and I both had a blood test and should get results back in a few weeks. The results will tell us our chances of having another anencephaly baby and even chances of other defects. Prayers, please! We hope it comes back normal.
We had some maternity pictures done last weekend, can’t wait to post them for everyone! We have seen one so far, which is beautiful. I’m so glad Brandy was able to help out with this. Thanks again Brandy!
On Saturday, August 18th, we had a hospital tour at Mercy Gilbert. I was crying before the tour even started…seeing all of those other couples coming in who would eventually be leaving with a healthy baby, it was too much. Once the tour began, I calmed down. The labor and delivery room was so quiet and peaceful- absolutely beautiful. It was nice to get to see where I would be when I hold Kassidy for the first time, but saddening to think maybe this was where Kassidy would pass away also. We continued the tour to Triage and the nursery. Luckily, we didn’t go inside the nursery, just stood outside. Then I noticed it- Kassidy was kicking! She’s been moving a lot, but I thought it was cute she decided to kick right by the nursery. We left the group before they headed to postpartum and I cried again walking out of the hospital. I’m glad we went, if anything it made me more comfortable to see where I would be staying.
I will post the ultrasound pictures as soon as I can! For now, I will post the one maternity picture we got back as well as a dress I got for Kassidy. :)
God Bless!!
Stevie, Kelsey and Kassidy Briana <3
Maternity Picture
Kassidy's Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment