Sunday, November 3, 2013

October 12, 2012 - 30 Weeks & Counting

I had my 30 week doctor’s appointment this past Tuesday (10/9). My doctor told me that she won’t make a decision on if I need a C-Section until my next ultrasound at 36 weeks (the week of Thanksgiving). She will measure the size of Kassidy’s omphalocele to see if she can even fit for a vaginal delivery. IF I need a C-Section, they plan to do that when I am 39 weeks. I’m hoping that I will be able to choose the day, in which case I will request 12-12-12 :)
We also discussed induction, however the issue we are running into here is that in order for an induction to work, the baby’s head is supposed to place pressure on the cervix for dilation. Kassidy’s head is very small and fragile, and won’t be able to assert enough pressure.
One thing I forgot to mention from my neonatologist’s blog entry is that Dr. Z said that Kassidy should be able to see, hear and have normal responses if born alive. Interestingly enough, some parents choose to donate their anencephalic baby’s organs – including eyes- so this tells him that these babies can see. I don’t think we will do this, I just want my little girl to rest as herself.
I’ve been thinking more and more about the day Kassidy will be born. I feel excited to hold her and kiss her, but absolutely scared to say goodbye. Also, my ultrasound at 36 weeks will most likely be my last ultrasound with her. Time has really flown by…the whole year has. I cannot believe I’m in my last trimester.
Oh, and I don’t have gestational diabetes! So I can stop pricking my finger!
God Bless!
Stevie, Kelsey and Kassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment