Sunday, November 3, 2013

September 26, 2012 - Gestational Diabetes Test

Last week, I failed my 1 hour glucose test for gestational diabetes. Three days later, I went in to take a 3 hour test to determine if I have it. I wasn’t able to keep down the orange sugar drink so they had me go back in this past Monday. Well, I lasted 45 minutes that time but eventually threw it up again. It tasted terrible! They make you fast for 12 hours beforehand…They had me make an appt with my doctor to discuss options.
Today I saw Dr. Connors and she said that she wouldn’t have me retake any tests, but instead wants to “treat me like a diabetic anyways.” I have to track my meals, exercise and blood sugar for 2 weeks. I’m such a baby when it comes to blood- I really don’t know how I will do this. Hopefully by the end of two weeks it will reveal I don’t have diabetes and I can stop tracking. I need to stop having the mentality that “it won’t happen to me” and just be on guard for anything else to come my way.
Bring it on!!!!
Kassidy’s heart rate was 143 last week, but today it was 152! I’m loving that she has kept a high heart rate this entire pregnancy. She was moving so much while the assistant was trying to find a heart beat that they had to check again about 10 minutes later. Kassidy must be a gymnast. :)
I’ve made the decision that I want to write a book about Kassidy. I just need to find out where to begin…
-Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment