Tuesday, November 5, 2013

November 5, 2013 - Kassidy's 1st Birthday!


First of all, wow- today was terribly difficult to go through. It felt like I relived her birth and passing all over again. I woke up to messages from friends wishing Kassidy a Happy Birthday and pictures of candles they had lit in her honor.

Last night, I made a cake for her. Making a cake for her made me feel like I was doing something in her memory that I could share with my family. Buying a cake would not have had the same "healing" effect on me as this would have. We met family at the cemetery at 4:00 to have a little birthday "party" for Kassidy. I decorated her headstone with different pink items, a picture of baby Steven, and a cross I had painted and decorated for her the day before. Of course, we brought balloons to release at 4:16pm (the time she was born). We had markers and few family members wrote messages to her on the balloons. At 4:16pm, I handed out the balloons to my family and we all counted down "3, 2, 1" and let them go. I watched at they floated and disappeared.

I can't believe it's been 365 days. I counted last night and found that the days between the the moment I found out I was pregnant until her birthday was 211. It seems like nothing. I sure do look forward to spending eternity with her one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment