Sunday, November 3, 2013

March 26, 2013 - Comparing

I have a doctor’s appointment today. I am about 14 1/2 weeks along with Kassidy’s little sibling. I’ve been reading that within the next few weeks, this baby will be able to hear my heart beating, hear my voice, and even become sensitive to light.  Right now, our baby can even make facial expressions. I caught myself thinking back to when I was 14 weeks with Kassidy. It was about 2 weeks after her diagnosis, and I had stopped reading about her development. Here I was, within my 2nd pregnancy, but learning things for the first time still. I was convinced she wouldn’t be able to hear or see or would even pass at any time. Then I remembered Kassidy’s movements to loud noises (especially at my sister-in-laws wedding, or when we were staying in a cabin up north and she could hear the guys shooting guns nearby).
But back to my doctor’s appointment. It’s in a few hours, and I find myself being excited. “Excitement” is new to us. Looking at cribs – is new to us. Buying baby clothes – all of it – is new to us. I’ve become so incredibly grateful for the little things that new parents do, and what they think is, normal. It’s the an IMPOSSIBLE EXPLANATION of happiness. Sure, they are all just objects. But when I get little socks, I imagine slipping them over perfect little toes. This is one of the many things I never got to do with Kassidy.
I’ve been attempting to find our baby’s heartbeat on my home doppler for weeks now, and I was FINALLY able to find it a few days ago. The heartbeat was 146, and two days later when I checked again, 148. The lower number gives us the idea it may a boy. Guessing is fun, but we really won’t know until our anatomy scan on April 19th. I can’t wait!
The pregnancy itself has been easy. Much easier than with Kassidy, in regards to nausea and hip pain. The only symptoms I’ve even had have been fatigue and hunger all the time. I never gained weight with my last pregnancy, but I imagine this time I will gain some. I really can’t believe how hungry I have been. I will take it as a sign that baby is growing! I also imagine it has to do with my nerves. I was always on edge and upset when I was pregnant with Kassidy – I worried a lot, and it affected my appetite. This pregnancy, my worries have been replaced with comfort in seeing a round head on an ultrasound picture. I can relax!
God Bless!
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment