Sunday, November 3, 2013

September 4, 2012 - Comfort Care

I had a doctor’s appointment today, I must say that I am very happy with my doctor. She has had experience with 4 anencephaly babies before, 2 of which lived to go full term, one lived through birth. She is very careful with our situation, sensitive and I feel as if she really knows what we are going through. I am going to continue to see her throughout this pregnancy and can only hope she is the doctor on call when Kassidy is delivered.
Kassidy’s liver is now in her omphalocele, which increases my chances of a C-Section. We can only hope to avoid one, but we won’t know how things will go until that day. Dr Conners seems mainly concerned about our comfort while in the hospital, and making arrangements should Kassidy be born alive.
Kassidy’s heart rate was 155! Still hasn’t slowed at all, I’m so proud of her! We didn’t get further information this visit about her possible heart defect. My next ultrasound is September 17th, maybe we will see then. Also, we will see how much she weighs.
I gained 3 pounds, finally! The stress has been a lot on me, I’ve been down 7 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Not that I’m complaining about losing weight;) I’m 25 weeks now, enjoying her little movements! Swimming is my favorite pregnany activity…wish I could swim every day.
God Bless! Stevie, Kelsey and Kassidy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment