Friday, November 22, 2013

November 22, 2013 - Life with a baby, after losing a baby

Baby Steven (a.k.a. Little Stevie) is such a blessing. As I've gotten the hang of things with him over the past 2 months, I am reminded what is important in life. I am grateful to have a husband that works hard so I can stay home with this little hunk of love all day. Everything he does is amazing, and when I notice him do something new for the first time, I get so excited!
Steven's first Thanksgiving is next week, and then Christmas! Yesterday we bought him a blue stocking that reads "Baby's First Christmas." It is hanging right next to Kassidy's stocking (Santa fills hers with items we take to the cemetery, garden decor and stuffed animals).
This time last year, I was sad at the holidays because I knew Kassidy should be with us. This year is completely different. I feel happy and know Kassidy is the reason I can be happy now - she looked after us so that we had a healthy baby this year. 2012 and 2013 are polar opposites. I wonder what 2014 will bring!

Photo: Baby's first trip to Costco! Photo: My guys! (Stevie is doing no-shave November...I guess little Stevie is too if you want to be technical)

No comments:

Post a Comment